The current version of the MIO Workbench is 2.0.1. A version history is available here.
The MIO Workbench consists of a set of plugins for the Eclipse IDE. Therefore, you’ll need the following prerequisites:
- You need Eclipse 3.7 (Indigo) with Modelling Tools (downloadable here). Please use only this version (and not an existing installation)
Once Eclipse is installed, you need to install Xtext:
- Help > Install New Software > select Indigo update site > select “Xtext SDK” the category “Modeling”.
Optionally, the Graphviz package can be installed to allow for drawing and layouting MIOs in a separate image view.
- The Graphviz package can be downloaded here. Make sure that the program “dot” is available in your PATH variable, and restart Eclipse.
You can download the MIO Workbench here. Extract it to a temporary folder.
- Copy the file in the subfolder “features” to your “features” directory from your Eclipse installation.
- Copy the files in the subfolder “plugins” to your “plugins” directory from your Eclipse installation.
Start Eclipse and select Window > Open Perspective > Other… > MIO Workbench. You can find examples here.
The MIO Workbench is licensed under the Eclipse Public License v1.0, see http://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-v10.html for details. The current (possibly unstable) developer source code can be accessed via http://svn.pst.ifi.lmu.de/svn/miowb/trunk/ (anonymous access).